Posts Tagged ‘meat tenderising’

Christopher de Paus

April 29th, 2018

Christopher Tostrup Paus, Count of Paus (10 September 1862 – 10 September 1943), usually known as Christopher Paus and also known as Christopher de Paus, was a Norwegian land owner, heir to the timber giant Tostrup & Mathiesen, papal chamberlain and count, known as philanthropist, art collector and socialite in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. He gave large donations to museums in Scandinavia and to the Catholic Church. In the Acta Apostolicae Sedis and the Annuario Pontificio, his name is spelled (conte) Cristoforo de Paus.

Born in Christiania, he belonged to the Skien branch of the Paus family, and was the son of Major and War Commissioner in Molde Johan Altenborg Paus (1833–1894) and Agnes Tostrup (1839–1863). His father was a son of lawyer and judge Henrik Johan Paus (1799–1893) glass water bottle with measurements, who owned the estate Østerhaug in Elverum, while his mother was a daughter of timber magnate Christopher Henrik Holfeldt Tostrup (1804–1881), one of the two main owners of Tostrup & Mathiesen, one of Norway’s largest timber companies. Christopher Paus’s father was also a first cousin of playwright Henrik Ibsen. As a young man, Christopher Paus would visit the then-famous Henrik Ibsen in Rome, where he lived. His great-grandfather Christian Lintrup was one of the pioneers of the medical profession in Norway.

Christopher Paus inherited a fortune from his maternal grandfather and his two childless uncles Oscar and Thorvald Tostrup, who were all co-owners of Tostrup & Mathiesen. His family sold their shares of Tostrup & Mathiesen to their business partners, the Mathiesen family, in the 1890s, and the company was since renamed Mathiesen Eidsvold Værk and continued under that name and as Moelven Industrier. His maternal grandfather had also owned the estate Kjellestad in Stathelle.

A convert from Lutheranism to Roman Catholicism, he was appointed a Privy Chamberlain of the Sword and Cape (Cameriere Segreto di Spada e Cappa) by Pope Benedict XV on 22 February 1921 and re-appointed by Pope Pius XI on 8 February 1922 and by Pope Pius XII on 7 March 1939. By tradition, a Norwegian Catholic would hold this position, and he succeeded Wilhelm Wedel-Jarlsberg who held the post some years earlier. He was conferred the title and rank of Count by Pope Pius XI on 25 May 1923. He bought the estate Narverød near Tønsberg (Norway) in 1892, the estate Trystorp with château in Lekeberg (Sweden) in 1914 meat tenderising, and the estate Herresta outside Mariefred (Sweden) in 1923. In 1942, he bought the mansion Magleås outside Copenhagen in Denmark. He divided his time between his various properties in Scandinavia and Rome.

Christopher Paus was a major art collector, and notably owned the largest collection of Greek and Roman art in Scandinavia, which he largely donated to the National Gallery of Norway in 1918. He also made donations to museums throughout the Nordic countries and in Rome.

He died in Skodsborg in Denmark without children in 1943, and bequeathed much of his estate to select members of the Paus family. In 1938, Herresta was sold to his second cousin Herman Paus pork chop tenderizer, who had married Countess Tatyana Tolstoy, a granddaughter of Leo Tolstoy; their descendants still own Herresta and other Swedish estates. Magleås was inherited by Thorleif Paus, who sold it to the Catholic Church some years later. It was held a mass for him, as a member of the Papal Court, in the Pope’s private chapel on 14 September 1943 with Pope Pius XII in attendance. He is buried at Vår Frelsers gravlund in Oslo, in the same grave as his mother, maternal grandfather and other members of the Tostrup family.

Papal and Catholic honours

Scandinavian orders of knighthood

A list of honours as of 1934 is found in the book Den Kongelige Norske St. Olavs Orden.

Trooz

January 22nd, 2018

Trooz er en kommune i provinsen Liège i Belgia. Kommunen består av tre delkommuner: Forêt, Fraipont og Nessonvaux. Elva Vesdre renner gjennom kommunen.

Amay • Anthisnes&nbsp

United States Home JOHNSON 23 Jerseys

United States Home JOHNSON 23 Jerseys

BUY NOW

$266.58
$31.99

;• Burdinne • Clavier • Engis • Ferrières • Hamoir • Héron • Huy • Marchin • Modave • Nandrin • Ouffet • Tinlot • Verlaine • Villers-le-Bouillet • Wanze

Ans • Awans • Aywaille • Bassenge • Beyne-Heusay • Blegny • Chaudfontaine • Comblain-au-Pont • Dalhem • Esneux • Flémalle • Fléron • Grâce-Hollogne • Herstal • Juprelle&nbsp glass and bottle;• Liège • Neupré • Oupeye • Saint-Nicolas • Seraing • Soumagne • Sprimont • Trooz • Visé

Amel • Aubel • Baelen • Büllingen • Burg-Reuland • Bütgenbach • Dison • Eupen • Herve • Jalhay • Kelmis • Lierneux • Limbourg • Lontzen • Malmedy • Olne • Pepinster • Plombières • Raeren • Sankt Vith • Spa • Stavelot • Stoumont • Theux • Thimister-Clermont • Trois-Ponts • Verviers&nbsp meat tenderising;• Waimes • Welkenraedt

Berloz • Braives • Crisnée • Donceel • Faimes • Fexhe-le-Haut-Clocher • Geer • Hannut • Lincent • Oreye • Remicourt • Saint-Georges-sur-Meuse • Waremme • Wasseiges

· ·

Tir aux Jeux olympiques d’été de 2012 – Trap hommes

August 26th, 2017

Pékin 2008 Rio de Janeiro 2016

L’épreuve masculine du trap (appelé également fosse olympique) des Jeux olympiques d’été de 2012 se déroule aux Royal Artillery Barracks à Londres, les 5 et 6 août 2012.

L’épreuve se compose d’un tour de qualification et d’une finale. En qualification, chaque tireur effectue 5 séries de 25 tirs, avec 10 cibles venant de la gauche, 10 de la droite et 5 venant de devant buy football jerseys. Les tireurs peuvent utiliser 2 cartouches par cible cycling water bottles. Les 6 meilleurs tireurs en qualification se qualifient pour la finale.

Lors de la finale, les athlètes effectuent une nouvelle série de 25 tirs, avec cette fois une seule cartouche par cible. Le score total des 150 tirs détermine le classement final et l’attribution des médailles.

Le tireur australien Michael Diamond meat tenderising, double champion olympique, prend la tête du concours en réalisant le score parfait de 125 plateaux touchés sur 125 lancés. Il égale ainsi le record du monde.

Johnsonville Railway Station

October 19th, 2016

Johnsonville railway station is the terminus of the Johnsonville Line, one of eight stations on the commuter branch railway north of Wellington in New Zealand’s North Island. It serves the suburb of Johnsonville, and as a bus interchange attracts traffic from other suburbs to the north and east hydration for runners.

The station is beside the Johnsonville Shopping Centre (also known as the “Johnsonville Mall”), a major regional shopping centre, which incorporates a Countdown supermarket. Numerous other businesses and organisations are nearby in a busy retail and commercial area.

Electric multiple unit trains are operated by Tranz Metro as part of the Metlink network to and from Wellington.

The original Johnsonville station was constructed by the Wellington and Manawatu Railway Company and was completed in 1883 though it was not used until the commencement of services on 24 September 1885 with the station having been officially opened along with the Wellington to Paremata section of the line on the 21st. Johnsonville was one of three stations built by the WMR on the section of the Wellington – Manawatu Line that is now the Johnsonville Line. It remained a through station following government purchase of the line and its incorporation into the North Island Main Trunk Railway, for freight until 1935 and passengers until 19 June 1937, when the Tawa Flat deviation was opened to all traffic and the old line between Johnsonville and Tawa was closed. This coincided with the opening of the new Wellington railway station.

Though the Railways Department wanted to keep the line closed, public pressure prevailed and the line was upgraded and electrified. The track between Johnsonville and Tawa was removed, and the new Johnsonville Line reopened on 2 July 1938 with Johnsonville as its terminus.

The station used to be a much more extensive facility. In the WMR days sports direct football shirts, the station consisted of a platform, wooden station building, sidings, and extensive stock yards. The original WMR station building was replaced in 1915. Up to the last major reconfiguration of the yard there were four roads beside the platform, the outer most of which served the goods shed, with a separate siding serving the stock yards. The track had been removed from one side of the island platform to make way for a car park.

Significant sources of goods traffic through this station included livestock and timber. Local pressure led to the transfer of livestock traffic to new sidings near Raroa station in 1958, though the Johnsonville sidings were not lifted until 1970.

In 1984 the yard was realigned to make way for an expansion of the nearby shopping facilities. The line was truncated; all sidings, ancillary buildings, and stockyards were removed; the platform was moved further south, closer to Broderick Road; and a new station building was constructed. These changes meant that there are no “run-around” facilities meat tenderising, making it difficult to operate locomotive-hauled trains on the line. A Countdown supermarket occupies the site of the former platform and station building.

As part of the Johnsonville line upgrading in 2009-10, upgrading work on the Johnsonville Station platform started on 26 April 2010. The station was not closed, although some sections of the platform and some adjacent “park and ride” carparks were not available at times.

Trains depart at half-hourly intervals for Wellington meet tenderizer, decreasing to quarter-hourly during peak times on week days.

The following Metlink bus services terminate at or connect through this station, referred to as the Johnsonville Hub on bus displays. From Wellington some go directly to the Johnsonville Hub, while others (e.g. 56,57,58) go via Helston Rd to Newlands or Paparangi first:

This station has a single side platform and station building, in which operates a small convenience store. It is also staffed on a limited basis for ticket sales. Access is from Moorefield Road or Johnsonville Mall.

Behind the station building are the bus interchange and mall car park. There is “park and ride” commuter parking by the south end of the platform separate from the Mall car park, and further parking in Moorefield Road across the line and north of the traffic lights.

The rail overbridge immediately south of the station is being upgraded in late 2014-15 to include cycle lanes and extra road lanes. Provision is made for dual tracks underneath (currently one track) into the station, as requested by the Greater Wellington Regional Council. With the temporary loss of some park and ride commuter car parks by the south end of the station and in Burma Road, additional car parks were provided at Raroa Railway Station.

2016 fashion trends

MCM Rucksack | Kelme Outlet | maje dresses outlet| maje dresses for sale

kelme paul frank outlet new balance outlet bogner outlet le coq sportif outlet shopping online dresses grocery shopping online clothes shopping online